Paul believes this is a great motto to live by. If only everyone lived their lives this way.
I have a goal to make my world a nicer, kinder, well mannered, happier place. How about you and how about your world – are you becoming nicer everyday and inspiring the folks in your world to be nice too?
Rowie’s etiquette tips to make our world nicer
- Say thank you every time for everything!
- Say SORRY – even if it was not you
- Use words that everyone will understand – BIG words make some people feel dumb
- Give more compliments
- Leave every room you have been in cleaner
- Open a glass door with the handle
- Stand away from the baggage carousel at the airport so everyone can get to their bags
- Wipe down the shower, basin or sink after you have wet it
- Leave a bathroom (toilet) smelling or looking better then when you arrived
- Let people with less groceries than you into the line at the grocery store
- Don’t bring cut flowers as a gift to a function
- Let a car merge in front of you with a smile
- When you sleep over, strip the bed and leave the room clean and tidy when you leave – even the hotel room
- Leave your mobile phone OFF at dinner or any business or social event
- Dress to or better than the requested dress code
- Walk/run/cycle on the left hand side of the pat and give way to the folks moving faster than you
- Hold the door/lift etc for people who are carrying things and offer to help carry things
- Never send text messages, tweet, facebook or use a laptop during a personal meeting – wherever you are be there!!
- Don’t expect people to return your email or call just because you sent them one!!
- Don’t gossip, criticise, whine or complain – especially on facebook, twitter etc – you are clogging up the WWW with negative files!!
- Look for the good, positive, bright and fun side of all that happens
- When you receive a compliment – say Thank you!!
- SMILE SMILE SMILE – even if you don’t feel like it and regardless of the condition of your teeth
- Go to the dentist every 6 months – suburb oral care makes you feel good
- Get fit, strong and healthy – it will make you a NICER person
Be nice and inspire all in your world to be the same.