1. Speak with your financer or our Loan Market Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
2. Prepare a short list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle. Keep in mind affordability and
3. Research sales in those preferred areas. Inspect every property in your preferred area so you have
a feel for the price. Attend all auctions in the area.
4. Develop a relationship with a Ray White Toronto sales agent specialising in your preferred area. The agent will be able to offer additional advice and also alert you to new listings before they reach the media.
5. When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract
to your solicitor or conveyancer.
6. We recommend that you arrange a building and pest inspection to make you aware of any major defects and
pest concerns eg: white ants, termites.
7. Following your solicitors or conveyancers advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the
building and pest reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with an offer on the property through the agent.
To stop yourself from missing out on a property you can put an offer in, have it accepted and exchange
contracts. Once you exchange contracts you have a 5 business day cooling off period which is used to obtain
pest and building reports, finalise finance and have your solicitor or conveyancer check the contracts prior to the cooling off period expiring.
8. If you are bidding at an auction, we recommend you read the Office of Fair Trading’s “Bidder’s Guide” before
you attend the auction.
You can find a copy of the Bidder’s Guide at
9. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit.
Your deposit will be held in trust until settlement.
10. On settlement day, your solicitor or conveyancer may request that you have a pre-settlement inspection before
settlement takes place.
This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all the
inclusions are as per the contract you signed.