- Select an agent you like and trust – see how to choose an agent
- Do your research about was has not only been listed in your area but what has actually sold. Some agents will only tell you what you want to hear, not the truth. Make sure they always give you evidence. Get the facts so you can avoid unrealistic expectations.
- Get your home ready for sale. Store or remove excess things and make sure everything is neat and tidy. Fix little things that are broken or stuck, such as cupboard doors or leaky taps.
- First Impressions Count. Make sure that the gardens and lawn are tidy, which will add to the street appeal.
- Make sure the only buyers an agent takes through are qualified buyers ready to buy now. There is nothing worse than getting your home ready for inspections only to find that the buyer isn’t genuine.
- Don’t hang around at inspection times. Let the agent do the showing and selling